Saturday, July 30, 2005

Things I Have Noticed

  • It is physically impossible for my bladder to be holding the amount of fluid that I pee out every half an hour. Where is it coming from?
  • If I try to eat a regular size portion of food, I get the worst indigestion and feel like ralphing afterwards.
  • I have to graze rather than eat meals. This requires a lot of effort on my part since I'm pretty much a One-Meal-A-Day girl from way back.
  • Ginger tablets are wonderful. Stop nausea within half an hour of taking them.
  • When I sneeze lying down in bed, my tummy muscles are rather forceful in telling me they are unappreciative of my actions. Coughing also has the same effect. Do you think it could be because things are getting a little squishelled and moved around in there?
  • If I walk around like a regular person, I get dizzy really quickly. I have to stop frequently, and move slowly.
  • My...nether regions...are...increasingly...sensitive. Enough said.
  • My boobs are filling out at the top now. I was lying in bed last night and noticed boob pain not far from my collar bone. Help me!
  • I get confused, distracted and forgetful very easily.
  • I cannot stand traffic noise. Being in the city just drives me to distraction.
  • I havent had any food cravings, but I do have food aversions. I have no desire for anything sweet, especially chocolate. Cant handle the thought of junk food of any variety. I'm taking this to be a Good Thing. I also cant drink regular milk without wanting to ralph. Back to Soy or Oat milk for me.
One more thing:
  • 6weeks. Still pregnant.

6 comments:

  1. Congrats!! STILL PREGGERS, excellent.

    Food aversion is more common than cravings, we're taught. And also that bcs the ute presses on the bladder, bladder, can expand less and there is more urine production bcs there is an increase in blood amount, which leads to more fluid getting processed by the kidneys, which produces more urine. Good news is, frequent urination decreases probability of bladder infection.

    Are you Kegelling yet? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:52 am

    Sheesh... you're whiny...

    (Aren't I a BRAT... heh heh heh)

    And yah... good call on the kegels... I even once saw these little kegel dumb-bell things... I thought it was the funniest thing ever... you insert it and kind of lift it up and down by contracting your pelvic muscles... isn't THAT an attractive picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:25 am

    I have stumbled across your blog today and love it! Congratulations on being preggers, YEAH!!!
    After suffering happiness and loss myself - it's comforting to hear other women's stories as well.
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having never had any pregnancy symptoms I have nothing to impart there...and nothing witty is coming to mind either. Sorry about that, just wanted you to know I'm still following your woozy steps to motherhood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hee hee......Kegel Dumb-bells-I LOVE it! I have never heard of those......

    Oh, boy, somebody tell me where I can buy those-I'd get them for the sheer uniqueness of them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sheesh... you're whiny...

    (Aren't I a BRAT... heh heh heh)

    And yah... good call on the kegels... I even once saw these little kegel dumb-bell things... I thought it was the funniest thing ever... you insert it and kind of lift it up and down by contracting your pelvic muscles... isn't THAT an attractive picture!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make blogging a conversation, rather than mere self-indulgent navel-gazing. Look at that big empty space down there...just waiting for your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...