Friday, July 29, 2005

The 4am Panic

I'm really really over this waking up in the middle of the night and not being able to get back to sleep thing. It's conditioning, isnt it? Preparing me already for the onslaught that will be no sleep for the next 21 years?

Thank goodness for the wonderful world of blogs. I'd still be staring at that bloody streetlight through my blinds otherwise.

I had a long consult with Dr Google yesterday after I had successfully convinced myself that The End Was Nigh. He assures me that said End is indeed a Long Way Off. My hcg doubling time, which has had me pacing back and forth a little concerned, is within tolerance. The levels are too high to suggest ectopic. Then there's molar pregnancy, but The Good Doctor seems to be suggesting that the levels would be much much higher than they are. That leaves me with nothing in particular to focus my angst on, so I am back to the familiar territory of Non-Specific Morbid Dread.

Calm blue ocean...calm blue ocean...

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:43 am

    Oh my sweet, Panda... I'm not going to tell you to stop worrying... because I know full well that I will be thinking the exact same type of thoughts when my day finally comes...

    Lots of love to you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Panda...please just revel in the fact that you are pregnant, you lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:21 am

    Oh Panda I'm so sorry I've been so remiss about reading your blog and misssed your news. YAAAY! Am v excited for you, and understand the worrying. Just keep repeating your mantra and you'll be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh darls - I so understand the panic and the worry and the stress and everything. My doctor told me that I read too much stuff online, but I think if it calms you down when you are really worried, then it isn't such a bad thing. Your levels are really good. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Panda - congrats! I only just caught up with your blog since I last saw your fertility symbol thing.

    YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO TELL ME WHERE TO GET ONE OF THOSE FERTILITY SYMBOLS. Me want one!!

    Take care for now - and enjoy the pregnancy!!!!!!!! You go girl!!! Lv, Drew

    ReplyDelete

Comments make blogging a conversation, rather than mere self-indulgent navel-gazing. Look at that big empty space down there...just waiting for your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...