Tuesday, June 21, 2005

But I'm also pretty cool, so don't hate me just yet....

So to woo back those of you who have now decided I am the spawn of the devil, here's my Top Ten list of Cool Things You Never Knew About Me:

1. I can touch the tip of my nose with my tongue.

2. I ran 100m in 12pointsomething seconds when I was in Grade 7 and yet I wasnt encouoraged/allowed to join an athletics club.

3. I left school when I was 14.

4. I went back to school when I was 21, starting with Year 10 science & math and finished high school 6 years later with an almost perfect score.

5. My grandmother came to Australia when she was 70, ran a boarding house, smoked on the sly, drank sherry when she thought no-one was looking, bet on the horses, kept dozens of stray cats, was almost blind and turned off her hearing aid if she didn't like what you were saying. She lived alone until 2 days before she died at 93. She's my hero and I want to be just like her when I grow up.

6. My first choice of tertiary study was Horticulture but I got suckered into Philosophy, Politics and Classics at Uni.

7. I was brought up in the Assemblies of God church from the age of 8 to 15.

8. I was on the game show Sale Of The Century and was an extra on the soapie McLeods Daughters. I'm heaps famous!

9. I had my first cigarette when I was 28. I gave up the day Adam proposed (9 days after my 33rd birthday).

10. My natural hair colour is Auburn.

3 comments:

  1. meow meow meow meow meow.
    i think you will end up like your grandmother! at least in the a) kitty way and b) turning your hearing aid off when you dont want to listen. you would FULLY do that!! heheheeheheeeeeeeee.
    consider yourself tagged into my blog as well. give me a break i dont actually have much access to the internet MOLE!!
    love youse.
    xJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. You say... "7. I was brought up in the Assemblies of God church from the age of 8 to 15."

    Me too! Holy crappola they have even infiltrated down under. Seems like you escaped with your sense of humor intact.

    Your Gran sounds fab. One can only hope that we have that much bitchy left in us when we get creeky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:59 am

    Careful. Admissions such as those in point number one is bound to get your more girl crushes...

    heh, heh, heh...

    ReplyDelete

Comments make blogging a conversation, rather than mere self-indulgent navel-gazing. Look at that big empty space down there...just waiting for your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...