Friday, May 06, 2005

Patience is a card game...

At the moment, I'm dealing with the TWW by renovating my house like the world's gonna end tomorrow. I just have to keep busy and think about other stuff. So I end up completely exhausted at the end of those two weeks, but I figure its better than sitting around and getting my brain all fersnuzzled. I have 3 renovation projects on the go at the moment and that keeps my mind occupied for most of the day. Its when I stop that I start getting all twitchy.

I'm the sort of person that needs to know absolutely every single piece of information about the situation I'm going into, even if none of it will be needed, so i've informed myself up the wazoo (hehe, almost literally!) about every aspect of TTC, so we've already made some decisions about how long to keep going on this rollercoaster and what we are prepared to put ourselves through to achieve our child. Forewarned is forearmed is the way I look at it. That's the clinical approach.

Of course, I still end up in a blubbering heap at the end of each month when AF shows her ugly face again and I still dont want to have sex when my ovaries are the size of footballs but do it anyway, and I still am jealous as hell of my best mate who has a gorgeous 14 month old son who, for the first time yesterday, held up his little hand for me to hold as we were walking along, and it nearly broke my heart.

Truly, if it wasnt for my wonderful beautiful fantastic loving Monkey Boy this would be unbearable, but he is so unbelievably supportive and open with me that I know that we will get through this, whatever the outcome.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:12 pm

    Yah... it seems most of us infertile or fertilely challenged blog chicks out here all have an issue with patience... Patience... waste of time as far as I'm concerned. Patience is for those who take a long time making up their mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah... it seems most of us infertile or fertilely challenged blog chicks out here all have an issue with patience... Patience... waste of time as far as I'm concerned. Patience is for those who take a long time making up their mind.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make blogging a conversation, rather than mere self-indulgent navel-gazing. Look at that big empty space down there...just waiting for your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...